New Gamemaster Month Begins January 7th
If your New Year’s resolution is to lead a roleplaying game, you’re in luck: New Gamemaster Month begins January 7th. In 2020, New Gamemaster Month will include our ENnie Award-winning Unknown Armies, a game about broken people trying to fix an equally broken world.
New Gamemaster Month is a chance for aspiring GMs to learn how to run a roleplaying game for their friends — and a way for experienced GMs to hone their skills. The four-week program is made up of eight in-depth articles that walk you through the process step by step, teaching basic gamemastery alongside game-specific mechanics. We’re excited to be participating alongside our friends from Chaosium, Monte Cook Games, and Pelgrane Press.
New Gamemaster month is free — all you need to participate is your game of choice and the twice-weekly posts releasing through the end of January. If Unknown Armies is the game you’ll be running, be sure you also:
- Order any products you need for 10% off with code newgmmonth2020. Gamemasters for Unknown Armies will need Book 1: Play and Book 2: Run.
- Enter to win a printable, PDF copy of the Unknown Armies gamemaster screen, which was created as part of our Kickstarter.
- Watch Unknown Armies designer Greg Stolze explain character creation and running a game.
- Start getting story ideas from other players on the Atlas Games RPG Forum.
- Join the New Gamemaster Month Facebook group.
Whether this will be your first time behind the screen or your hundredth, we think you’ll learn something new this month. Good luck, and happy GMing!