Social Media Roundup, 02-08 February 2014
Here are the five most interesting things from the Atlas Games social media this week.
- Most people rely on books and movies to fill out our imaginings of knightly combat, but we're sure this article about full-contact medieval fight clubs will inspire vivid details in your next Once Upon a Time story.
- Pick up the current Bundle of Holding to get a virtual library of Ars Magica Fourth Edition books. For less than $20, you get the core rulebook, resources, and adventures by authors like Jonathan Tweet, Will Hindmarch, and Atlas Games president John Nephew. Less than a week left on this sweet deal!
- Whether you're looking for a new Over the Edge storyline or a new reason to buy a hazmat suit, the laboratory replication of this 30,000 year old virus should fit the bill nicely.
- Myths about the Middle Ages abound in the modern world, but sometimes it's sad to see one of them debunked. We regret to inform you that medieval people actually did drink water, instead of only alcoholic drinks. Please adjust your Ars Magica or Once Upon a Time games accordingly.
- For game design insights and random hilarity from Atlas' brand manager and award-winning RPG designer Cam Banks, follow him (@boymonster) on Twitter.