Godsforge at a Glance
- A fast-paced game of battling spellcasters.
- Casting spells is quick and fun. Roll your dice then combine and re-roll the results strategically to play your best card, right now.
- Features simultaneous play. Everyone rolls their dice, crafts their spells, and launches their attacks at the same time, so you're always in the game.
- A unique, eyecatching art style that evokes the dark, epic struggle of Godsforge.
Effortlessly blending high-fantasy lore with Yahtzee-inspired dice mechanics, Godsforge hits a magnificent stride between luck and skill-oriented gameplay styles...every facet of Godsforge seeks to keep all players at the table engaged at all times.
The World of Godsforge
Etherium is the ultimate source of magical power. Once, it was plentiful and the land was peaceful, but Etherium slowly receded from the land, dwindling to a single site.
The mighty fought for this mystic forge, where powerful artifacts
were crafted. By weaving Etherium with other elements, titans were
summoned and devastating sorceries conjured, giving wizards the power of
You are a great mage, battling for this last reservoir of Etherium. You’ll craft creations and cast spells to defeat your rivals, leaving you as master of the Godsforge!
In Godsforge, you are an elite spellcaster. You roll, re-roll, group, and combine dice whose results channel the crucial elements you need to summon creations and cast sorceries from your cards.
For example, two 4s can each channel Water, which you can combine with a Veilstone to craft the Leviathan, a powerful attacker.
But you have two re-rolls each turn, and if one of them becomes a 5 or better, they can be added together to channel Feywood, a crucial component to the Oakenshield, which will protect you turn after turn.
To increase your options even further, die results of 1 are Etherium, a “wild” element that can substitute for any number on the die, and results of 6 channel Veilstones, which can increase or decrease another die result by 1 — and can even be stored from turn to turn for future use.
In short: your choices matter!
Whatever you choose to create or cast, your goal is simple: take the last ebb of your opponents’ life force and be the last one standing!
- Godsforge features simultaneous play. All players roll their dice, craft their spells, and launch their attacks at the same time. There’s no downtime — everyone’s always playing.
- Multiplayer conflict is straightforward. All players attack to their left and defend to their right to avoid kingmaking.
- A perfectly balanced power ramp ensures each player’s forces rise dramatically to a climactic endgame.
- Endgame conditions bring play to a swift conclusion as soon as any player dies. Eliminated players get right back into the next game’s action, no waiting.
First Edition vs Second Edition
Both the First Edition and Second Edition of Godsforge are 100% compatible with the expansions.
|Game Design:||Brendan Stern|
|Illustration:||Diego L. Rodriguez|
|Graphic Design:||Nicolas Gluesenkamp, Nathan Paoletta, Diego L. Rodriguez, and Brendan Stern|
|MSRP:||$34.95 1st Edl/$39.95 2nd Ed|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG1410 1st Ed/AG1411 2nd Ed|
|Barcode:||978-1-58978-183-2 1st Ed/7-00040-01411-0 2nd Ed|
|Format:||Board, 56 poker-sized cards (33 Creations, 19 Spells, 4 reference cards), 30 Veilstones, 17 six-sided dice, four scoring tokens, rulebook|
|Number of Players:||2–4|
|Play Time:||20–40 minutes|
|Release Date:||May 2019 1st Ed/July 2023 2nd Ed|