Touched by the Gods at a Glance
- Add fifteen religious and secular groups or sects to your OGL campaigns as powerful enemies or allies.
- Use the organizations to create characters, enemies, or NPCs.
- Build a campaign around your favorite group or drop one into your existing game as needed.
A World of Many Beliefs: More about Touched by the Gods
Bring religious and secular conflict to your OGL games with this Penumbra supplement. Even in a world overflowing with magic, the mark of the gods is unmistakable. Some mortals actively curry the gods' favor, serving their high ideals or executing their blasphemous designs. Those whom the gods have touched may be inspired, blessed, cursed - the saint and the prophet, the genius and the madman, sometimes one and the same person.
In Touched by the Gods, you'll find information and advice on how to use the mysteries of the occult or the gods to fuel your games. It includes in-depth background for fifteen cults, secret societies, and cabals, featuring histories, dogma, holy rites, and adventure seeds.
Also included are new gods, rituals, NPCs, holy relics, and clerical abilities to help bring new dimensions to your favorite fantasy game.
Touched by the Gods: Contents
This sourcebook contains the following groups:
- The Athenaeum: Librarians and collectors who seek knowledge and sell information.
- Davlika: Goblins who have repented and are now atoning for their wrongdoings.
- Death's Forsaken: A group of beings that have been resurrected or raised from the dead.
- The Forge: A loose alliance of mages in search of immortality.
- God Seekers: A group in search of potential gods.
- Justicars: A secret society dedicated to hunting down those who have escaped justice.
- Lurient's Legacy: A group dedicated to equalizing wealth.
- Openers of the Way: People in search of their chosen one, who will fight a demon.
- The Order of Endings: Priests who prepare their followers for the afterlife in the netherworlds.
- The Reborn: An alliance of humanoids that have been transformed into animals.
- Shepherds of the Root: A group that believes enlightenment will come with the end of civilization.
- Spirits of Bohnaraii: A group of nobles who believe they can perform miracles.
- Survival Cults: Dwarven artisans and shut-ins against the world.
- Ten Thousand Heroes: Warriors determined to prove themselves in battle.
- The Way of the Wolf: A diabolic sect of lycanthropes who worship a werewolf lich.
- 2001 Out of the Box Award Honorable Mention – Best Supplement.
|Cover Artist:||Helena Wickberg|
|MSRP:||$23.95 (print), $14.95 (PDF)|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG3204|
|Format:||128 pages, hardcover and PDF|
|Release Date:||May 2001|