Art & Academe at a Glance
- Learn about the scholars and artists of Mythic Europe with this Ars Magica sourcebook.
- Add mundane pursuits such as medicine, astrology, and sculpture to your sagas.
- Includes story seeds inspired by ancient universities, medical practices, and patrons of the arts.
The Art of Learning: More about Art & Academe
In Mythic Europe, the Hermetic Order is not alone in its search for knowledge. Mundane scholars study the world, applying science and philosophy in turns, at early universities and educational institutions. Doctors continue to explore the secrets of the human body. Artists develop their craft, creating works from the great cathedrals to the most humble paintings.
In Art & Academe, learn more about the mundane skills a magus might acquire or encounter in Mythic Europe. Apply mechanics for mundane medicine, laboratory research, and debate to your sagas. Visit the apothecary, attend Oxford, or imbue an artist's latest work with magic.
Art & Academe: Contents
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Artes Liberales
- Chapter 3: Philosophiae
- Chapter 4: Medicine
- Chapter 5: Experimental Philosophy
- Chapter 6: Institutional Education
- Chapter 7: Universities
- Chapter 8: Artists
- Appendix A: Who's Who in Philosophy
- Appendix B: Glossary
- Appendix C: Bibliography
|Authors:||Matt Ryan and Mark Shirley|
|Artists:||Grey Thornberry, Michelle Nephew, J. Scott Reeves|
|Atlas Stock #:||AG0287 (hardcover) / AG0287SC (softcover)|
|Barcode:||978-1-58978-101-6 / 978-1-58978-191-7|
|Format:||144 pages, hardcover / softcover|
|Release Date:||January 2008|