Letter Head is a dynamic word-forming card game that's engaging, interactive, challenging, addictive, and above all, fun. Players create words using a special deck of cards that have letters instead of numbers and points instead of suits. Missing a crucial letter? No problem! Canny players can bluff their opponents into thinking they've got every letter they need. Social skills and "emotional intelligence" are just as important as spelling ability.
But Letter Head isn't just one card game, it's an expandable game kit. Rules for fourteen additional games that can be played with the 124-card Letter Head deck are included. Games like:
- Word Slam: A raucous party game requiring a quick mind and quicker hands. Be the first to recognize a word using the shared cards and slam your word on the table before anyone else.
- Vultures: Every word you play becomes tasty carrion for the player following you to feast upon. And if you don't like your cards, you can always call for Fresh Meat.
- Red Handed: Players race desperately to earn cards they can use to catch the opposition red-handed. But beware: The more cards you collect, the more you'll be penalized if an opponent forms a word before you do.
- Seven-Letter Stud: The classic poker game with a twist: The best-scoring word wins the showdown.
- Take a Letter: A wicked variation of the old parlor game Concentration. Players must not only remember the locations of dozens of hidden cards, but must also manipulate them mentally to form words before their opponents do.
- Letter Head Solitaire and Crosswords Solitaire: Stranded on a desert island? You can even play Letter Head by yourself!
This word game for the new millennium proves once and for all that word games aren't just for eggheads. Tired of twos, fives, and (yawn) the nine of clubs? Once you try Letter Head, you'll never be satisfied with a deck of standard playing cards again!
|:||Design: Kristan Lawson and Herbert R. Lawson Graphic Design: Scott Reeves and Jeff Tidball Stock Number: AG1230 | ISBN: 1-887801-87-1 | MSRP: $19.95 US Format: 132 cards and rulebook in a two-part box Release Date: August 2000|